Thursday, January 13, 2011

On the Road Again

Did you know that the movie Up in the Air was based on my life? It was odd re-imagining myself as George Clooney. However, when he laid all of his cards on the table, his travel loyalty cards that is, I said to myself, “He’s me!” and checked in the mirror to see if my eyes had changed from blue to brown and the rest of me had changed from . . . well . . . you know.


Those of you who receive my monthly e-newsletter, “Messages ~ Love, Hope and Healing in Spirit,” already know how much time I live on the road. With the advent of my first book this year, I will no doubt be joining the million mile club.


To celebrate this prospect, I will be blogging my way through the year, sharing stories of the road. Inevitably I meet interesting people on earth and in spirit and have adventures primarily due to my innate ability to create incidents wherever I go (without meaning to do so).


I do hope that you’ll join me on my journey and share your thoughts as I move from airport to airport and town to town. I promise to post pictures of my adventures (and no, that does not mean photos of full body scans as I navigate the new security measures).


Tomorrow morning I leave for Florida at 5:00 a.m. My boarding passes are printed and I’m wondering if the metal in my reconstructed ankle will look like a threat. Am I packed? No. So I guess I better get started.


My itinerary includes Cassadaga, the oldest Spiritualist camp in the
U.S. and a few days with the Mouse (you know who I mean). I’ll keep you posted as I keep making posts.

No comments: